Warehouse Racking Installation
Rack Installation 101
The right racking system for your specific facility will depend on a few key factors, such as:
- Your facility’s size and configuration.
- The size and weight of the goods you are storing.
- The equipment your team will use to access the pallets.
Whether you are upgrading your current racking system or moving to a new facility, proper installation is essential. The racks are responsible for storing heavy materials and pallets, so they must be secure.
All racking systems should be anchored to either the floor or wall in the facility. Without proper installation and anchoring, your facility is at risk for potential:
Expert installers can help you get the most out of your facility and meet your specific storage needs. They understand how to create a racking system that can safely and effectively accommodate storing your facility’s heaviest materials and pallets.
What to Expect When Installing Warehouse Racking
Before initiating the installation process, a few preparations are needed. You’ll likely begin by assessing your facility, its configuration and its space requirements. If you work with professional installers, they can create a design plan specifically for you.
The space must be clear of debris and other materials before getting assembly started. The installation process involves the following steps:
- Uncrate the materials.
- Plan the racking system’s layout.
- Hoist the uprights.
- Get the beams in the right position.
- Square the rack.
- Install anchors to secure the uprights.
- Assemble the wire decking.
- Finish by adding accessory components.
Once installation is complete, your facility can start enjoying your high-performance warehouse racking solution. To keep your system in its best condition, your facility should carry out regular maintenance and inspections.
Advantages of Working With Pallet Rack Installation Companies
Your facility can enjoy many advantages of working with professional pallet rack installers, including:
- Optimized design: Experienced installers understand how to prepare your pallet rack design to optimize the use of your available space. They will measure and prep to make the most out of your unique facility.
- OSHA compliance: Racking installation must meet standards outlined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to prevent hazards and protect workers.
- Stay within budget: Another perk of working with professional pallet rack installers is being able to stay within your budget to find a cost-effective system that suits your needs.
- Efficiency: An installation company will supercharge the process and help your facility get durable, reliable racking systems in less time. They will have the knowledge and tools needed to get the job done right and quickly.
Let Tennessee Rack Help
If you are looking for warehouse rack installation companies near Nashville, turn to Tennessee Rack. Our experienced team can help with all your pallet racking needs, from installation to dismantling and liquidation.
Are you ready to get started? Contact Tennessee Rack to request a quote today!