Warehouse Rack Dismantling
Rack Dismantling 101
Rack dismantling is necessary if your facility is planning to do any of the following:
- Move to a new warehouse
- Rearrange your existing storage solutions
- Sell your pallet racking systems
Disassembling your racking in the correct order and taking measures to avoid a collapse is essential for this process. The key parts that will need dismantling include:
- Wire decking
Safety should be a priority during the dismantling process. Your team can take down your pallet rack on their own, or you can turn to experienced professionals who will carefully do this work for you.
How to Disassemble Warehouse Racking
The following are general steps for dismantling the pallet racking in your facility:
- The first step is to gently remove the wire decking on your pallet racks. Once they are down, you can remove the shelf dividers and the guards on your columns and posts.
- Next, you’ll want to take down the horizontal beams. In some cases, you’ll want to leave one beam intact to support the uprights before taking those down too.
- Remove the anchor systems that are securing the uprights of your racking.
- If there is a remaining beam, remove it while keeping your uprights secure. Then lower the uprights and set them aside.
- Uninstall the rest of your racking anchors.
Once your pallet racks are taken down, you can bundle your components and prepare them for selling, storing or reinstalling them in your facility. Working with professionals can help make this process significantly easier.
Advantages of Hiring a Professional to Dismantle Pallet Racking
Disassembling your facility’s pallet racking on your own can be inconvenient, confusing and even dangerous. Hiring an experienced team can streamline the process. The following are some of the key advantages of working with professionals to dismantle your pallet racking:
- Efficiency: When experts are working on your pallet racking systems, you can enjoy greater efficiency than doing it on your own. They know the best practices for quickly taking down these units and minimizing downtime.
- Safety: A major advantage of working with a professional pallet rack installer is their understanding of essential safety guidelines.
- Expertise: Another perk of hiring a professional to dismantle your racking system is their expertise. They know the right order for taking your pallet racks apart without damaging them or your facility.
If you are moving your pallet racking to a new location, your facility can also turn to the experts for professional installation services.
Let Tennessee Rack Help
The best way to disassemble racking is to work with experienced professionals. At Tennessee Rack, our experts can provide a variety of pallet rack services, including installation, dismantling and liquidation. We also purchase existing racking and can offer fair-value assessments for your current systems.
Are you ready to get started? Contact Tennessee Rack for a free quote today!