Drive-in Pallet Racking System
What Is a Drive-in Racking System?
A drive-in rack system allows you to store pallets multiple positions deep, loading and retrieving pallets from a single entrance. It relies on pallet racking components such as uprights, top tie beams and pallet support rails to provide the height and depth needed for deep storage.
This pallet flow racking system is highly customizable, enabling you to store pallets as high, wide or deep as your warehouse allows and your operations require. It helps you maximize the square footage in your warehouse, holding as many products as possible while still having room for other essential processes.
Drive-in racks are common in the food and beverage industry, though they can improve operations in any warehouse that utilizes last-in, first-out (LIFO) processes.
Drive-in Racking Consideration
Since this pallet flow racking system utilizes a drive-in method with a single entry point, it works best for products that can be stored LIFO, such as items with long shelf lives.
When designing and implementing a double-deep pallet racking system, you will need to account for:
- Pallets: Your pallets’ size and weight will determine the type of racking you need. The depth of each pallet land will depend on the number of pallets you need to store and the length of time pallets can be stored.
- Forklifts: Your racking system’s dimensions will also depend on your forklifts’ widths and heights. The racking system’s maximum height will be determined by the elevation height your forklifts can reach.
Advantages of a Drive-in Pallet Racking System
Double-deep pallet racking systems offer several benefits for certain warehouse operations. These systems provide:
- Maximized space: Drive-in racking allows you to store similar items in a condensed area, freeing up more warehouse space for other processes. This dense storage option enables you to increase the number of pallets and products you can store.
- Energy efficiency: As pallets are condensed into a deep racking system, forklifts can travel less, encouraging fuel and cost savings. Tightly packing pallets will also reduce the airspace that your facility must heat or cool for temperature-controlled storage.
- Increased production: Condensing pallet storage saves you time stocking, picking and retrieving, helping speed up production. For LIFO operations, drive-in pallet racking systems can promote a smooth workflow for product movement.
Find Your Drive-in System Today
Discover material handling solutions for pallet racking in Tennessee and surrounding areas at Tennessee Rack. We can work with you to help you determine the best pallet storage systems that suit your unique needs. Call us at 615-722-4281 or contact us online to learn more about our steel pallet racks for sale.