Selective Pallet Racking System
What Is a Selective Racking System?
A selective pallet rack system lets you store pallets individually, helping you access products quickly. A single-deep selective pallet rack is generally the most cost-effective storage option because it maximizes vertical space.
A single pallet racking system consists of three main components:
- Uprights: The pallet rack system’s vertical frames determine the material handling system’s height and depth.
- Beams: These horizontal bars connect to the uprights to support the pallets and dictate each bay’s length.
- Wire decking: This component lays over the beams and supports the pallets while keeping the beams from spreading.
Selective pallet rack systems are versatile, offering benefits to a wide range of industries such as:
- Food handling
- General warehousing
Selective Pallet Racking Considerations
When selecting pallet racking for your warehouse, it is important to consider your capabilities, equipment and processes. These aspects of your facility will determine your selective racking’s dimensions.
- What you’ll store: Pallets dictate the upright frame’s depth and the pallet rack beam’s length.
- What equipment you’ll use: The forklift’s lift height determines the correct upright height.
- What space is available: The height and width of open space in your warehouse affect how many racks you can fit into your facility.
If you’re curious about the rack dimensions you need for your warehouse, the experts at Tennessee Rack can help! We specialize in designing and installing custom racking systems for our client’s facilities, so we can help you develop the perfect solution. Request a quote today to speak with a qualified sales team member to discuss your racking needs.
Advantages of Selective Pallet Racking Systems
Single-deep pallet racks can benefit your warehouse’s operational flow, providing flexibility, accessibility and optimization. This racking system will increase your storage capacity, enabling you to increase productivity and revenue.
A few other advantages a selective pallet rack system offers include:
- Teardrop style: The most common type of pallet rack uses a teardrop design that connects via a rivet and drops into place, securing the racking with a built-in beam lock for a convenient boltless design.
- Direct access: This racking system’s single-deep design allows you to get into every pallet immediately because there are no other pallets blocking the one you need to access.
- Customization: We can design your pallet racking system to accommodate almost any pallet weight, shape and size.
- Versatility: These pallet racks allow for a wide range of lengths and capacities, giving you flexibility in your storage options.
- Low cost: A selective pallet racking system will save money and space, helping you increase productivity and revenue while keeping operational costs low.
Invest in a Versatile Selective Pallet Rack System
When you need help finding the best storage options for your unique needs, we have you covered. Tennessee Rack offers a full range of new and used teardrop pallet rack components.